- Sellers and suppliers should note that health products must be in line with applicable healthcare regulations.
- Anyone found to have supplied therapeutic products that are adulterated may be imprisoned for up to three years and/or fined up to SGD 100,000 upon conviction.
- Anyone found to have supplied Chinese proprietary medicines that are adulterated may be imprisoned for up to two years and/or fined up to SGD 5,000 upon conviction.
In more detail
In August 2022, the HSA issued product recalls in relation to the following products:
- Apo-Acyclovir Tablet 800mg Tablets, as such tablets was found to contain impurities above the acceptable level
- Lorazepam Injection 4mg/ml, as out-of-specification results were observed during testing of samples for the affected batch
- GINCARE-60 Film Coated Tablet 銀之杏60, due to the detection of ibuprofen, a prohibited substance
Hospitals, clinics and retail and wholesale suppliers have been instructed to stop supplying the affected batches of such products and to return the remaining stocks to the respective companies.
* * * * *
© 2022 Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow. All rights reserved. Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is incorporated with limited liability and is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a global law firm with member law firms around the world. In accordance with the common terminology used in professional service organizations, reference to a "principal" means a person who is a partner, or equivalent, in such a law firm. Similarly, reference to an "office" means an office of any such law firm. This may qualify as "Attorney Advertising" requiring notice in some jurisdictions. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.